Growing and evolving to suit the area’s active seniors.
What started as a small retirement community on the edge of Texas Tech University has evolved into a thriving community of active seniors. Today, we’re the only senior living community offering LifeCare in West Texas. And while the modern-day Carillon now includes a new generation of ideas and opportunities in senior living, we still hold true to the straightforward wisdom of our West Texas roots. This includes integrity in everything we do, compassion for our neighbors, commitment to church and community, and of course, a love for the Red Raiders.
Click here to view a timeline of Carillon’s history.
1975 – John Knox Village purchased the current Carillon site from Texas Tech and opened a retirement community as part of a chain of retirement centers headquartered in Lee’s Summit, Missouri.
1982 – The community disassociated from the parent company but continued not-for-profit operation as John Knox Village (in name only) under a local Board of Directors.
1990 – Name changed to Carillon.
2000 – Opened Carillon House, a 120-bed skilled nursing facility, replacing the community’s original health center.
2001 – Added 73 independent living apartments in the all-new Windsong building, as well as 17 new freestanding villa homes.
2003 – Life Care Services® hired to provide management services for Carillon.
2008 – Completed major refurbishments of Pointe Plaza, including the addition of a lobby and administration wing, locker rooms, The Boren Bistro, as well as updates of the indoor swimming pool, fireside lounge, dining room and 24 independent living apartments.
2011 – Updated Windsong lobby and Caprock Room.
2012 – Added 13 additional villa homes.
2014 – Launched the Accelerated Rehab program at Carillon House.
2015 – “I’m Still Here” Center of Excellence certification.
2019 – Completed extensive renovation of Pointe Plaza, including the Fireside Lounge, Skylight Dining Room, resident lounges and more.
Our Driving Purpose
Carillon’s mission and vision communicate the driving purpose and steadfast values you’ll find at our not-for-profit community. The service and care we provide is built on the Carillon Commitments, ensuring optimal quality of life for our residents and a rewarding work environment for our employees.
- Provide our residents with quality, affordable Life Plan while promoting security, comfort, dignity, independence and a strong family atmosphere.
- Provide our employees with a satisfying work environment and the training necessary to deliver exceptional services and quality care.
- Build strong relationships between Carillon and the Lubbock community.
- Broaden our knowledge in the field of Gerontology through research and education to enhance the quality of life for seniors.
Carillon Life Plan Community will be the best choice for active retirement living in the Southwest!
The Carillon Commitments
- I will greet everyone by name and with a smile.
- I will treat everyone with respect.
- I will pay attention to details.
- I will hold myself accountable and be an example.
- I will accommodate the needs of others.
- We are all equally important.
- We are ladies and gentlemen.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
The Carillon Guarantee
In order to ensure residents are happy with the decision to join our community, Carillon offers a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If in the first six months of residency, you are not completely satisfied and decide to move, Carillon will refund 100% of your entrance fee.