Memory Care in Lubbock, Texas
A progressive approach to dementia care.
Carillon Senior Living is the 10th in the world and 1st in the state of Texas to receive the designation as an I’m Still Here Center of Excellence™ through a partnership with the Hearthstone Institute, with financial support from the Carillon Foundation and PlainsCapital Bank®.
The I’m Still Here™ approach uses evidence-based training programs to create an uplifting environment for residents living with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. The focus is on providing residents with opportunities for true engagement and increased quality of life. The use of parallel programming helps residents and their families reconnect through art, music, film and poetry. Plus, caregivers use meaningful communication to effectively manage agitation, apathy, anxiety and aggression in an effort to lessen the need for pharmacological intervention.
Dementia care at Carillon also includes an innovative speech therapy program for difficulty swallowing, also known as dysphagia. Plus, we offer It’s Never 2 Late® (iN2L) person-centered technology—a web-based computer program featuring hundreds of applications for recreation, social connection and engagement for residents receiving memory care.
Creating a positive experience for residents.
Carillon offers a positive approach to memory care that benefits both residents and their families. It’s a “glass half-full” mentality that strives to help residents comfortably age in place while making these years as significant and purposeful as possible. Carillon and our caregivers focus on the positives and the capabilities that are still intact. We also offer a restorative program that helps residents maintain their current level of function and independence.
Importantly, our memory care program is Medicare-certified, assuring that residents may remain in comfortable and familiar surroundings. Memory care is available to residents of Carillon on a priority basis, as well as to people living in Lubbock and the surrounding area.
CLICK HERE FOR MEMORY CARE SERVICES
- Individualized care plans designed to meet the unique needs of each resident
- 24-hour assistance from Licensed Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants
- Secure memory garden—a favorite gathering place for residents and their friends and families
- Medication administration and management supervised by licensed nurses
- Bathing/showering and personal hygiene assistance
- Assistance with dressing, grooming and related activities
- Personal laundry service and daily housekeeping
- Three meals daily, plus nutritious snacks throughout the day (physician-ordered diets available)
Never 2 Late® library of activities including music, cooking, games, travel and more designed to enhance the skills of residents
- Secure community to ensure the safety of our residents
- On-site amenities including Carillon House beauty shop offering salon services for an additional fee