Frequently Asked Questions
Have More Questions? Get in Touch!
1. What Is Carillon LifeCare Community?
Located in Lubbock, Texas, Carillon is a vibrant LifeCare community specifically designed for active, independent-minded retirees, age 55 and older. You’ll find warm, welcoming neighbors and an abundance of services and amenities catered to making life easier and more enjoyable. And should health needs change, we offer all levels of care within one community. We are passionate about West Texas hospitality, the Texas Tech Red Raiders, good friends and food, and providing the most comprehensive retirement choice to the Lubbock community for over 40 years.
2. What is LifeCare, and How Can It Benefit Me?
Today, LifeCare is among the most popular options in retirement living. Residents pay an entrance fee, and are then guaranteed access to assisted living and 24-hour nursing care with virtually no increase in their monthly expenses. LifeCare significantly reduces worry about the affordability or availability of long-term care services in the future.
LifeCare at Carillon gives you an all-in-one package of flexible services and amenities at a predictable cost. Plus, with LifeCare, you have the security of knowing you’ll never need to move to another community, because you have everything you’ll ever need in one place! Carillon not only offers a full continuum of health care, it is the only true LifeCare community in Lubbock and the surrounding area.
3. How Does LifeCare Compare To My Current Living Situation?
With the cost of skilled nursing care rising to amounts in excess of $7,000 per month, and the uncertainty surrounding government-provided financial assistance, our LifeCare program offers peace of mind for residents and their families that is second to none. Instead of worrying about the future, LifeCare lets you embrace it. Carillon residents have a clear plan for their future, and clear advantages from LifeCare with:
• Variety. Multiple floor plans throughout a variety of residences and financial options make it easy and affordable to make Carillon your home.
• Cost. The cost of living at Carillon includes a one-time entrance fee and a range of monthly fees to meet your specific needs. With a variety of financial options and living choices, you can select a residency agreement that fits you best. Choose a plan for estate preservation, and benefit from tax deduction opportunities.
4. How Can I Qualify for the LifeCare Program?
At Carillon, we assess all prospective residents based on the same three requirements: age, medical and financial. Carillon residents (or their respective spouses) must be at least 55 years old to move in. Medically, the LifeCare program requires that residents begin in an independent living setting. Financially, we take a conservative approach to ensure Carillon provides a comfortable fit for our residents, and that the community remains fiscally solvent for years to come. This requirement is explored with prospective residents in a confidential setting on a case-by-case basis.
5. What is Life Like At Carillon?
Active, comforting and fulfilling. Carillon residents enjoy a truly independent lifestyle, complete with a maintenance-free home, 24-hour security, multiple on-site dining options, convenient transportation services, and endless amenities. We offer a wide variety of home styles and floor plans so you’re sure to find the perfect living choice to call home. You have easy access to the essentials — from restaurant-inspired dining to banking services and a hair salon. And when you want to venture out you can participate in educational and recreational activities, join a club, attend community events and get-togethers, swim, garden and take fitness classes — all just outside your front door! Because we’re a LifeCare community, you even have full and unlimited access to on-site nursing care. For even more insight, view our testimonials.
6. What Are Independent Living, Assisted Living And Full Nursing Care?
Independent living at Carillon caters to active retirees looking for maintenance-free living and a diverse offering of services and amenities. While there is no direct nursing care, staff members take care of housekeeping, maintenance, transportation, meals and more. Limited nursing care can be provided through the services of a home health agency.
Assisted living at Carillon involves nursing attention with activities of daily living, including dressing, bathing, grooming, ambulating, and toileting. Different communities offer different levels of care at varying cost levels, so it’s important to understand what is included in the price.
Full nursing care at Carillon refers to 24-hour supervision for residents with significant deficiencies in their activities of daily living.
7. What Health Services Are Available At Carillon?
It’s comforting to know that Carillon is a LifeCare community, specializing in providing all levels of care in one place. The Medicare-certified health center is open to everyone.
• Assisted Living. We can provide supportive, personalized services beyond the scope of most assisted living communities. In short, if your needs change, you don’t have to move. You can continue to enjoy the comforting and familiar setting of our beautiful community.
• Skilled Nursing Care. From recuperative care after an illness or surgery, to attentive, around-the-clock skilled care, we offer both short- and long-term options that fit your needs.
• Outpatient and Rehabilitation Therapies. We offer a variety of therapies, including physical, occupational, speech and aquatic on-site at Carillon House. Whether you’re recovering from an injury or require a rehabilitating treatment, we can tailor an outpatient program just for you.
• Memory Care. At Carillon, our staff provides highly specialized memory care with patience and compassion. Residents have the flexibility to participate in individual and group activities and explore their personal interests in a safe, nurturing setting.
8. What Is The Food Like At Carillon?
Carillon offers everything a resident needs to lead a scrumptious life, including a wide array of dining options. We prepare award-winning, delicious cuisine at any of our four on-site restaurants, including:
• The Boren Bistro – Aromas from fresh-baked cookies and warm cinnamon rolls welcome you to this wireless Internet “hot spot”. With it’s charming ambiance, you can stroll in 12 hours a day for a specialty coffee, cocktail or light meal at your leisure.
• Hob Nob Diner – A fun loving, 1950’s atmosphere provides a wide range of menu offerings for breakfast or lunch. Top off your meal with a mouth-watering ice-cream sundae or twist your way over to the jukebox for some hoppin’ tunes!
• Skylight Dining Room – Creative temptations stimulate your senses as our chef prepares healthful combinations for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu is bursting with variety, flavor and fresh ingredients for a fulfilling dining experience.
• Starlight Restaurant – Embrace the Lubbock skyline and West Texas sunsets as you dine at this restaurant situated high above our Windsong residences. Join us for dinner, or treat yourself to our Sunday brunch specialties.
9. Are Pets Allowed At Carillon?
Yes! Carillon is a pet-friendly active community, and many of our homes have fenced-in yard areas, patios or balconies to give your furry friend his or her own freedoms. Designated trails allow for safe dog-walking throughout the community, and we provide numerous pet stations for convenient clean-up. We understand and value the bond between owners and their pets, so they are welcomed members of the Carillon family!
10. Does Carillon Attach To My House And Assets Or Affect My Taxes?
Absolutely not! We understand you’ve planned carefully for retirement your entire life, and what’s yours is yours! In fact, Carillon’s financial requirement and regulation by the Texas Department of Insurance only further ensures that planning doesn’t end at retirement. Furthermore, LifeCare™ residents who meet this requirement are not denied access to health care due to financial limitations by no fault of their own.
There also are possible tax advantages. Part of your fees may be deemed pre-paid medical expenses, and you may be able to deduct a percentage from your income tax return. Please consult your tax advisor for more information.
11. When Is The Best Time To Plan My Transition To Carillon?
You should consider a move to Carillon when you are able to make the decision for yourself, and before a health challenge affects your ability to qualify for the LifeCare benefit. It is a smart choice to make early in your retirement so you can take full advantage of all the benefits of living here and avoid any challenges that may arise in the process. As we always say, “It’s better to move 5 years too early than 5 minutes too late!”
12. What Are The Benefits Of Living In A Retirement Community?
Research shows that residents in retirement communities live longer, more active and fulfilling lives. They have access to nutritional meal options, wellness and fitness classes, life-long learning opportunities, and a priceless network of friends. We strive to meet the emotional, physical, spiritual and intellectual needs of each individual resident to ensure Carillon is a place they are proud to call “home”.
13. Who Sponsors Or Manages Carillon Lifecare Community?
Carillon operates as a self-owned, not-for-profit retirement community, governed by a local Board of Directors. They are dedicated to securing a stable future for the community, and they work side-by-side with residents and their families. Carillon is managed by Life Care Services, the nation’s leading developer and manager of senior living communities. Life Care Services is a recognized national leader in senior living services.
14. Other Helpful Links…
The following links may also be helpful in your quest for more information: