The Carillon Foundation
The Carillon Foundation was established in 1985 as a separate, supporting organization for Carillon to provide support in areas of benevolence, health and wellness, and memory care initiatives. Through generous donations from Carillon residents and the Lubbock community, the Foundation disperses these charitable funds for the benefit of the community, its residents, and its employees.
In 1975, John Knox Village became Carillon LifeCare Community, which has blossomed into a twenty-five acre campus providing excellence in resident lifestyles and meaningful interactions to stay healthy and happy in retirement.
The Carillon Foundation was incorporated as a supporting 501(c)(3) organization to offer donors funding choices that support the mission and quality of life for all residents. The governing nine-member Board of Trustees is comprised of three Carillon residents, three business leaders from the Lubbock community, and three current Carillon Board of Directors members. These elected individuals donate their time and talent to support the efforts of the Foundation.
Your tax-deductible gifts are intended to enrich and empower residents in our community to enjoy life to the fullest by:
- Providing high quality medical care
- Providing assistance for residents who have life-changing financial difficulty
- Supporting research directed toward a better understanding of gerontological diseases and the aging process
- Providing funds for the support, maintenance and care of the facilities
- Enhancing services and programs for Carillon residents
- Providing support for the recruitment, retention and education of qualified employees of the community
Charitable Giving Programs
- Caring For Life Fund – Support Carillon residents by giving to the area where support is most needed. Your unrestricted gift will provide us the opportunity to identify the greatest need in the areas of healthcare, campus improvement and staff training.
- Alzheimer’s Care & Rediscovery Center Fund – Your gift to this general fund will provide support for daily activities, facility enhancements, and staff training for our nationally-recognized dementia care program. The “I’m Still Here” Program, sponsored by The Carillon Foundation and PlainsCapital Bank, is an innovative program in partnership with the Hearthstone Institute. Carillon is #10 in the world to offer this program, and it is the first and only program of its kind in the state of Texas.
- Wellness & Activities Fund – A healthy body and mind keeps our residents enjoying life to the fullest. Your contribution will support annual events like the Wellness Walk and Health Fair, spring and summer planter box gardens, the Miles of Exercise Contest and the Carillon Wellness Center Workout Facility.
- Employee Education Fund – Your tax deductible gift will provide the opportunity for Carillon employees to further their education as they serve Carillon residents. Applications are accepted bi-annually for formal education programs through area colleges and universities, the nursing career ladder in partnership with South Plains College and Texas Tech University, and the Quality Service Program in dining services through area food distribution.
- Benevolence Fund – Sometimes life takes an unexpected turn and through no fault of their own, a resident may find themselves in need of financial aid. The Benevolence Fund provides support for monthly rent, transportation, health services and personal care services. An application process is required and assistance is always provided in strict confidence to protect the dignity of these individuals.
- Endowment Fund – The Carillon Endowment Fund is the cornerstone of our organization. By contributing to this permanently restricted fund you help ensure we will be able to provide a great quality of life for generations of residents to come.
- Fountain Plaques & Pavers – Carillon offers a unique way to honor your loved one or special friend by offering the purchase of a fountain plaque or outdoor paver. Each can be designed and inscribed with their name or your message and will be installed in the appropriate location for everyone visiting the Carillon campus to see and enjoy.
- Matching Gifts – There are several ways to increase the amount of your gift to the Carillon Foundation, including wills or bequeaths, charitable gift annuities, retirement accounts and life insurance. If your employer sponsors a matching gift program, please contact your Human Resources Department or contact us for more information on how to double the impact of your gift.